The Things To Do at Flushing Meadows Corona Park in Queens, NY
There are numerous things to do at Flushing Meadows Corona Park in Queens, New York, ranging from sports and recreational activities to educational experiences. For more information on the things to do at Flushing Meadows Corona Park Click here.
Here’s a list of activities to do:
- Visit the Unisphere: This is perhaps the most iconic landmark in the park. The Unisphere, a 12-story high stainless steel globe, was created for the 1964 World’s Fair. Its intricacy and grandeur make it a must-see for anyone visiting the park.
- Take a Stroll around Meadow Lake: This man-made lake is the largest in New York City and offers a peaceful place to walk, jog, or simply sit and enjoy the view. It’s especially beautiful during sunset.
- Explore the Queens Zoo: The park houses the Queens Zoo, a perfect place for families to visit. The zoo features a variety of animals from the American continent including bison, mountain lions, and sea lions, among others.
- Visit the New York Hall of Science: Also located within the park, the New York Hall of Science is an interactive science and technology center. It’s an excellent place for people of all ages to learn and have fun.
- Relax at the Queens Botanical Garden: This is a beautiful urban oasis where you can see a range of plant species, attend workshops, or take part in special events. It’s located just north of the park.
- Attend an Event at the Queens Theatre: The Queens Theatre in the park offers a variety of performances from plays to concerts and dance recitals.
- Play Sports: There are numerous sports facilities available including soccer fields, baseball and softball diamonds, cricket pitches, and a regatta for rowing on Meadow Lake.
- Check out the Flushing Meadows Corona Park Pool & Rink: This facility has an Olympic-sized pool for summertime and an NHL-standard ice rink for wintertime.
- Enjoy a Picnic: There are several great picnic spots throughout the park, some of which offer barbecue areas.
- Visit the Queens Museum: Located in the park, the Queens Museum showcases a range of contemporary art, as well as the famous Panorama of the City of New York, a scale model of the city.
- Tour the World’s Fair Pavilion: This iconic location was the centerpiece of the 1964-65 World’s Fair and can be toured to learn more about the history of this significant event.
Flushing Meadows Corona Park is a vibrant and diverse place, reflecting the cultural richness of Queens itself. Whether you’re a nature lover, a sports enthusiast, or a culture vulture, there’s something for everyone in this expansive urban park. For more fun activities check out our article on Things To Do At Museum of the Moving Image in Queens, NY